At Canadian Addiction Rehab, we understand that making the decision to seek help for your addiction problem can be a difficult and scary step. As such, we ensure that our patients are well informed and feel comfortable and ready to start their healing journey.
Our addiction treatment facility has a clear vision to provide a great path to recovery, and so our clients are medically supervised from the time they step foot into our facility. Our medical director and physicians will supervise the client during the detox withdrawal process. Each client’s medical history varies, so they’re treated based on their own circumstances and their addiction.
Once the client is medically cleared from detox we will transfer him/her to their own private individual room. Each client will then be fully assessed by Dr. Targol and a specific treatment plan will be customized based on the individual patient which would give them a better chance at long term sustainable sobriety.
The first and most important step is to connect with our friendly and caring staff members, who are trained, experienced, and dedicated to your complete recovery.
To participate in Canadian Addiction Rehab, you must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Physically and medically stable to take part in treatment – not have suicidal thoughts
- Motivated to take part in your own recovery
- Capable of self-care
Prior to admission to Canadian Addiction Rehab, we conduct a confidential assessment in order to evaluate you or your loved one’s condition with regard to the addiction, physical health, emotional health, and ability to commit to treatment. In some cases, we may need to speak to your therapist or physician in order to create a proper treatment plan.
2. Orientation to facility
3. Medical team will assist assessment
4. Assigned primary counsellor
5. Assigned room or bed
6. Treatment plan will be discussed between the client and counselling team
7. Prior to complete treatment client is given preparations for their aftercare attendance
8. We recommend that you come with the following on the day of admission:
- Provincial health card and driving license
- Important contact names, addresses, phone numbers
- Sleep wear
- Comfortable clothing – loose fitting pants, shirts, tops, etc.
- 30-day supply of your prescribed medications in their rightful and well labelled packaging
- Toiletries – toothbrush, shaving cream, conditioner, shampoo, etc.
- Fitness gear – running shoes, shorts, etc.
- Appropriate seasonal outerwear – jackets, snow boots, etc.
- Money for incidentals
9. The following are not permitted:
- Drug paraphernalia
- Clothing suggestive of or promoting alcohol or drug use, racism, sexism, or homophobia
- Toiletries containing alcohol, like mouthwash or cologne
- Valuable jewellery
- Expensive sunglasses or watches
- Suggestive, tight fitting clothing – jeggings, leggings, skinny jeans, skirts, clothing exposing cleavage, see-through garments, etc.
- Laptops and tablets
- Cameras or video equipment
- Electric blankets or heating pads
At Canadian Addiction Rehab, we care about your unique circumstances, and aim at guiding you to the solutions that will facilitate long-term, successful recovery. Timing is a crucial factor in successful recovery, and so we aim at having you admitted on the same day as your pre-admission assessment.
If you have any queries or concerns about something that you’d like to bring, please contact Canadian Addiction Rehab for assistance.