OUR PERSONALIZED ADDICTION TREATMENT PROGRAM
Our treatment program is personalized and based on the client’s need. We treat the whole person and not just the addiction. We will monitor all our clients very closely once they’re admitted into our facility.
Our medical director and supervisors will direct the clients individually during the detox withdrawal process, and then guide each and every one one of them in their own personalized daily scheduled program created by our clinical director
Other Treatment Approaches
We take great pride in helping clients overcome their addictions using the following approaches:
- Psychotherapy Characterised by the verbal interactions between a patient and therapist with the view to changing the addict’s behaviour, emotions, or maladaptive beliefs. The most common type of psychotherapy is cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), which seeks to prevent relapse after complete recovery. One of the key elements of CBT is anticipating potential problems and enhancing the patient’s self-control by helping him/her develop effective strategies to cope with the threat and modify their behaviors
- Neuropsychotherapist A clinical psychiatrist specializing in anxiety and mood disorders and the implications for therapeutic interventions. With expertise in the connection between the brain and addiction, the neuropsychotherapist can recommend a safe recovery program based on detoxification, stress and environmental cues, and cognitive control.
- Holistic approach Whereby the addict is taught how to protect all areas of their health, namely body, mind, and spirit. The approach can be used throughout all stages of recovery, from detoxification to stress management and improving the patient’s physical and mental well-being, to help them regain personal balance.
- Naturopathy Whereby the naturopathic physician attempts to identify and treat the primary causes of the addiction, rather than simply suppressing the symptoms. Although addiction is a rather complex illness, the underlying issues are treatable, and may include chronic pain, anxiety and depression, sexual and emotional abuse, trauma, unresolved grief, and eating disorders, among others.
- Alternative therapy approach through music, art, and writing These refer to therapeutic exercises incorporated in holistic treatment programs that seek to heal from a whole-body perspective, and include art, music, yoga, and tai chi, which can help patients release the built-up toxins, allowing for the faster healing of the body, spirit, and mind.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a life-threatening substance-abuse or addiction issue, please contact us at Canadian Addiction Rehab to discuss possible treatment options.